Orbit Download v1.5.4 is released just now!
In this version, we improve some features and fix some bugs. The main change log is bellow:
(1)Add an option to overwrite or rename the file if exists:
(2)Add a timeout setting for the tray balloon:
(3)Fix some bugs
How to download Youtube Video Manually?
How to download Youtube Video in other browsers except IE and FireFox?
"If I Use Opera or other browser, how could I download video from Youtube or other website?"
More and more people ask me this question. And there is a manual way to help you download video from Youtube or other website easily:
(1) Run the "Grab Video" by clicking "Grab Video" item from the "Tools" menu:
(2) Copy the referrer from your browser's address bar, make http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXgRqPwbJkg for example:
Then paste the referrer to the "Grab Video" 's address bar and press "Enter". You could see the video is playing in the Preview View, and then the video URL is in the list view.:
(3)Click "Download...", the video will be downloaded :)
Using this way, you could download any video from youtube,Dailymotion,metacafe,ifilm...
How to download embedded youtube video?
How to use Orbit Downloader v1.5.3 as an embedded youtube video downloader?
Orbit Downloader is a free YouTube Video downloader could help you to download videos from YouTube easily with great speed. Also it can download the Embedded YouTube Video from any webpages.
1. Using http://thesportist.com/225/fifa-world-cup-2006-3rd-place-final-germany-vs-portugal-2/ for example, you could see an embedded Youtube video in that webpage:
2. Hover your mouse on the Embedded YouTube Video, you will see a small button appeared near your mouse, like this:
3. Click the "Get it" button, then click the "Get FLV Video" item to download the Video:
4. Then Orbit Downloader will run Orbit "Grab Video" to grab the FLV file(Embedded YouTube Video)'s URL. Please click the "play" button to make sure that the video is playing. Then the Embedded YouTube Video's URL will be listed in the list-box. And the Flash Video file (*.flv) item will be checked by default.
5. Click the "Download..." button, the checked file will be downloaded by Orbit Downloader:
How to download Youtube Video?
How to use Orbit Downloader as a Youtube Downloader?
Orbit Downloader can be use as a free YouTube downloader which could help you to download videos from YouTube easily with great speed. Also it can download the embedded YouTube Video from any webpages. Also Orbit Donwloader can download and manage videos and clips from almost all of video sharing websites like Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google, Myspace, iFilm...
Here is a step by step tutorial for how to download Youtube Video from YouTube using Orbit Downloader:
1. Browse a YouTube in IE, using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g-yrjh58ms for example:
2. Hover your mouse on the YouTube Video, you will see a small button appeared near your mouse, like this:
3.Click the button, then click the "Get FLV Video" item to download the YouTube Video:
4.Then Orbit Downloader will pop up a dialog to fetch the YouTube Video URL. It will need about 2 seconds.
5.Soon, the "Create new download" dialog pop up. Click "OK",then the YouTube Video is being downloaded.
Web sites that have many files often use file-naming conventions whereby they name their files using a series of numbers or letters. For example a MP3 site may name the MP3 files as hot-track1.mp3, hot-track2.mp3 … hot-track12.mp3. From this you can see that they are just a series of MP3s numbered from 1 to 12. Or, a photo sharing site may name its photos as tree-a.gif, tree-b.gif … tree-z.gif. From this, you can see that they are just a series of photos numbered from a to z.
Using Orbit Downloader, you can create a batch download to download a series of downloads from website easily. And there is an example tutorial below:
1. You can open the “Create batch download” dialog through arbitrary way below:
(1) From the main menu “File”-->”Create batch download…”:
(2) From the tray icon’s context menu:
(3) From the Drop Zone’s context menu:
2. Configure the “Create Batch Download” dialog to download series downloads.
(1) If there is a series of download URLs like these:
You can configure the “Create batch Download” dialog like this below to download the series of zip-files:
(2) If a series of download URLs like these:
You can configure the “Create batch Download” dialog like this:
（3）The same way,If the series download URLs like these:
You should configure it like this:
Orbit Donwloader v1.5.3 is released!
* Add "IE Context" tab in the "Create New Download" dialog
* Add "Add to Site Manager" option in the "General" tab of the "Create New Download" dialog
* Improve the "Create batch download" feature
* Fix some bugs running in Windows Vista
* Fix some bugs